If you are suffering workplace harassment,
you deserve justice.
- Employment Litigation - Employees/Plaintiffs 90%
- Advice and Counseling Services for Employers 10%
Located in Pasadena, the Shivayi Law Firm provides experienced and dedicated representation to individuals throughout the state of California for their employment-related and litigation needs. My specific practice areas include but are not limited to: employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation; wrongful termination; disability accommodations and leaves of absence; protection for whistleblowers; review and negotiation of executive/employment agreements, severance agreements, and other types of employment-related contracts; employment classification issues; unpaid overtime, meal and rest break violations, and other wage and hour issues; and class actions. Having spent the majority of my legal career representing employers, I bring a unique perspective to representing employees who are experiencing problems at their workplace or those who believe they have been wrongfully terminated. After fifteen years of practicing law exclusively in the area of employment law and litigation at both large national law firms and boutique firms dedicated to that area of the law, I am well-versed in what type of approach each case requires, whether it be aggressively litigating a case on behalf of a client or working with a client's employer in a civil manner in order to address an ongoing issue at the workplace. Ultimately, my clients' rights and interests are my number one concern and priority. I am personally available to clients, listen to and address their concerns, and keep them informed during every step of the process.
I also provide advice and counseling services to employers and small businesses owners. I have extensive experience working with employers in all areas of employment law, including: effectively addressing performance issues; properly handling adverse employment actions; conducting workplace investigations; providing harassment and other types of training; and formulating employment policies or drafting employee handbooks/manuals.
I strive to provide the highest quality legal representation and to always do what is best for the client, whether an individual or employer.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2001
- University of California, Irvine
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Psychology
- California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Young, Zinn & Bate, Senior Counsel, 2008 to 2016
- Fox Rothschild, Associate Attorney, 2005 to 2008
- Advice and counseling for employers/small businesses
- Training for employers/small businesses
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Iranian American Lawyers Association
Current Employment Position
- Sole Practitioner